A new Raytheon marketing system
One world-class company, one clear voice. Creating one powerful brand. We were brought on to partner with their advertising company, The Boston Group, due to our expertise in corporate identity and branding. The goal was to refresh Raytheon’s corporate identity intranet site, but upon indepth review, we discovered our client had little to no “system”. After the initial audit, and with guidance, we rehauled the entire look and feel of all their collateral, advertising templates, tradeshow system and more.
(It only took 10 months, 2,132 emails, 17.26 gigabites of stored information, 1 new brand architecture, 104 sections to the site, 11 usage guidelines and countless text revisions and hours of consulting.)
Thank you for everything you taught me along the way, on a site which was difficult for everyone to get off the ground in a culture which is sometimes resistant to change. We appreciate your patience, the passion and optimism you brought to the project.
— Amy Russell, Director of Corporate Advertising
Raytheon marketing Collateral
• The new collateral system strengthens the “one company” philosophy as well as visually representing Raytheon as a global leader in technology.
• The collateral system is consistent in style and appearance. Four distinct levels of communication — each built upon same underlying grid structure
• The hierarchy provides a framework for the communicators and eliminates guesswork as to which level of communication is appropriate
• Revealing the grid structure as part of the brand style, reflects the precise, analytical, no-nonsense approach of a serious technology company
• A distinctive component of the brand style, the grid structure is a flexible, yet unifying, structure across all levels of collateral
• The grid structure also acts as a loose connection to the advertising template — the use of white on the bottom of the page, along with the placement of the Warm Red Raytheon logo reflects the ad template
• Consistent use of title/headline treatment aids in defining the Raytheon style
Raytheon Advertising Template
The new, flexible template allows for all the various formats. Raytheon runs several types of advertising campaigns to accomplish a number of specific objectives. In general, these many types of ads can be grouped into three distinct categories-Corporate advertising, Recruitment advertising and Business advertising. While all campaigns should adhere to a similar look, feel and graphic standards convention, there are subtle design differences between the categories. Be sure to use the appropriate guidelines based on the type of ad you are designing.